以原始佛法之中的一個概念、或一個命題開設一個主題進行討論
頭像
goofy
文章: 102
註冊時間: 2012-04-01, 08:00

文章 goofy » 2012-09-14, 18:40

freshman 寫:MN118 translated from the Pali by
Thanissaro Bhikkhu

"[1] Breathing in long, he discerns, 'I am breathing in long'; or breathing out long, he discerns, 'I am breathing out long.' [2] Or breathing in short, he discerns, 'I am breathing in short'; or breathing out short, he discerns, 'I am breathing out short.' [3] He trains himself, 'I will breathe in sensitive to the entire body.'[2] He trains himself, 'I will breathe out sensitive to the entire body.' [4] He trains himself, 'I will breathe in calming bodily fabrication.'[3] He trains himself, 'I will breathe out calming bodily fabrication.'

The commentaries insist that "body" here means the breath, but this is unlikely in this context, for the next step — without further explanation — refers to the breath as "bodily fabrication." If the Buddha were using two different terms to refer to the breath in such close proximity, he would have been careful to signal that he was redefining his terms (as he does below, when explaining that the first four steps in breath meditation correspond to the practice of focusing on the body in and of itself as a frame of reference). The step of breathing in and out sensitive to the entire body relates to the many similes in the suttas depicting jhana as a state of whole-body awareness (see MN 119).

在這一點上,我個人非常支持Thanissaro Bhikkhu,而堅決反對菩提比丘所代表的註疏書派.他們將整個佛法禪修方向帶上了歧路.
此處‧個人贊同解悟兄的主張。況且,此段內容,對於禪修上,佔有舉足輕重的份量喔!非常建議道友們能親自嘗試看看。

回覆文章